A little bit about May
May Lauren Arad is a Product Marketing Manager at RapidSOS, an emergency response data platform that links life-saving data from connected devices with 911 and first responders.
Prior to her role at RapidSOS, May worked as a Product Marketing Consultant, specializing in strategic marketing and brand auditing for early-stage startups.
She helped clients develop their short and long-term marketing roadmaps, drove messaging and positioning to ensure product fit and adoption, and supported companies in defining market segmentation and value proposition - and a whole lot more.
Key talking points
- An insight into May's product marketing journey so far, including why she became a PMM in the first place.
- Why May decided to explore product marketing consulting and how it differs from working as part of an in-house team.
- Potential challenges a consultant may encounter during their career - and how to overcome them.
- Advice for product marketers considering a career as a consultant.
- Essential skills needed to succeed as a product marketing consultant.
- What good messaging looks like, and common mistakes to avoid.
- Tips for entry-level product marketers.
Wanna get involved in the conversation?
It’s easy - just join our Slack channel and rub virtual shoulders with thousands of product marketing enthusiasts.
Access is 100% free, and it’s got a range of channels for you to take full advantage of; from upcoming events and recommended reading, to job opportunities and recommended tools.
And if you wanna flex your podcast skills and join us as a guest on an upcoming episode, contact Rose and register your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org.In the meantime, grab your headphones, get comfy, and check out our previous episodes featuring a host of PMMs from globally recognized brands.